Saturday, November 24, 2012

So.

Today got out of hand.
I turned to my Bible.
And to God.

Which I haven't done in ages.

I started with a Psalm. (My favorite things to read in the Bible)

And I stumbled across Psalm 10.

Psalm 10:1-6


1Why, O Lord, do you stand far off?
Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?
2In his arrogance the wicked man hunts
down the weak,
who are caught in the schemes he devises.
3He boasts of the cravings of his heart;
he blesses the greedy and reviles the
Lord.
4In his pride the wicked does not seek him;
in all his thoughts there is no room
for God.
5His ways are always prosperous;
he is haughty and our laws are far
from him;
he sneers at all his enemies.
6He says to himself, “Nothing will shake
me;
I’ll always be happy and never have
trouble.”

And I've realized that I am the man that this Psalm was written about.
I scoffed at the idea that something bad could happen to me.

And I want to change that.
Bad things do happen.
I just need to grow up and accept that again.
I was good at doing that for so long, but once my life started going so smoothly, (or so I thought) I decided to toss everything out the window and go with it.
And that's where I went wrong.

And I swear I will never do that again.
I think I need to get verses 10:1 and 10:5-6 tattooed on my arm.
On the flat inside of my forearm so that I can always remember to never forget God and his plan for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment